Sunday, April 4, 2010

music. no prescription necessary. ♫


For some reason... music just speaks to me and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but my life would seriously not be worth living without it. If I had to make the choice between being deaf and being blind, my sight would be first to go. Because to me there is just something so meaningful and stunningly beautiful about music. It's an escape unlike any other. An escape which opens your mind and your soul without incapacitating it in any way or form. It seems somewhat magical, music. If you think about it scientifically, its just a series of sounds, thats all. Yet, somehow, music has the ability to evoke emotion unlike anything else. It can produce memories and change attitudes. In all actuality, music is the wonder drug, the ultimate healer of all emotional ailments.



2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you're saying, but I think if it came between being deaf or blind I'd choose to be deaf, just because I think seeing the world is so important. Music does evoke emotion, but if you're blind you can't see the full effects of that emotion. And this is kind of random but I'm in photo with nothing to do so I figured I'd look at your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. random is beautiful. and i totally respect that opinion. i think that would be the more practical answer too. but to me a life without music can hold no emotion. for me personally, words will be louder than actions in that aspect.

    ReplyDelete